The Foodbank of Southern California was named the “6th Best Charity in America” by Mainstreet.com in December 2010. The list was created for “Anyone who chooses to use their hard-earned money to help others.”
The Foodbank of Southern California has received a coveted 3-Star Rating for sound fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency from Charity Navigator. You may review The Foodbank’s Profile on Charity Navigator.
For five consecutive years The Foodbank of Southern California has received the Independent Charities of America “Seal of Excellence” for meeting the highest standards of public accountability, program effectiveness, and cost effectiveness.
You may also review The Foodbank’s Profile on Guidestar.
The Foodbank obtains its operating budget primarily from private sources, supporting itself without dependence of government funding. Maintaining tight controls of its administrative costs, The Foodbank’s efficient operation makes it possible for maximum community dollars to go directly to feeding the hungry.
2012-2013 Corporate and Foundation Major Gift Donors
- Aidlin Foundation
- Anonymous (4 separate foundations)
- Antex Knitting Mills
- BCM Foundation
- BNSF Foundation
- Albert and Elaine Borchard Foundation
- Kathleen A. Burley Fund
- Capital Group Companies Charitable Foundation (employee honoring and matching gift)
- Cinemark, Inc.
- Clear Giving Charitable Foundation
- James Craig Trust
- Croul Family Foundation
- Delre Foundation
- Carrie Estelle Doheny Foundation
- ECHO of Northrop Grumman
- Employees Community Fund of Boeing California
- Feinstein Foundation
- Josephine S. Gumbiner Foundation
- Global Agri-Trade Corporation
- David B. Gold Foundation
- Hemmerling Foundation
- Ernest G. Herman Foundation
- Hexberg Family Foundation
- Hoover & Nebrig
- Jewish Communal Fund
- Johnson Controls Blue Sky Inc.
- Kaiser Foundation Hospitals – South Bay
- Carl E. Kessler Family Foundation
- Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar
- Markel Corporation
- Matson Foundation
- Kenneth T. and Eileen L. Norris Foundation
- Orange County Community Foundation
- Ralph M. Parsons Foundation
- John W. Porter Trust
- Ralphs Food4Less Foundation
- The Rose Hills Foundation
- Barbara Ross Charitable Trust
- S E Pipe Line Construction Company
- S. Mark Taper Foundation
- SCAN Health Plan Community Giving
- Sidney Stern Memorial Trust
- Harold & Winifred Swanton Foundation
- The Sweet Shop Films, LLC
- United Natural Foods, Inc.
- JB & Emily Van Nuys Charities
- Weingart Foundation
- Carl E. Wynn Foundation